How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
The GMC Sierrastands out among a crowded pack of light-duty trucks thanks to its incredible capabilities. So, how much can the GMC Sierra tow? The GMC Sierra towing capacity goes up to 11,800 pounds with the available 6.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the Max Trailering Package. National Auto Plaza covers more exciting details about this engine and the trailering package for Salt Lake City drivers below!
GMC Sierra Towing Capacity: Truck Features
Draper drivers who want to max out the GMC Sierra towing capacity will need a 4WD crew cab truck with the V8 engine and a Max Trailering package. These are just a few customization options on a truck that can serve many different purposes. Here are some other options that you have with the GMC Sierra:
- 4WD or 2WD Drivetrain options
- Truck Bed Length: Standard Box or Short Box
- Standard 2.7L Turbo engine
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: This package comes with a 9.76-inch rear axle, revised shock tuning, heavy-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Electric Park Brake Assist: This industry-first feature will set your truck into Park automatically to prevent any rolling.
- Trailering Camera Package: With two side-view cameras, this package makes it easier to change lanes when you’re trailering.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: Placing your vehicle in Tow/Haul mode adjusts the transmission, throttle mapping, and Stabilitrak system so that you have better control when towing.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Use buttons on the center console to control the trailer brakes!
GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System
As you can see, there are tons of features on the Sierra that make the towing experience all the more stable. Murray drivers often reserve praise for the ProGrade Trailering System, a technology package that sets the Sierra apart from the competition. The innovative features on this vehicle include:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Use the dynamic grid lines and zoom capability on this to hitch up your trailer with ease!
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: This tests out your trailer lights for you, so you can be sure you’ll be safe on the road.
- In-vehicle Trailering App and Phone App: This system comes with programmable brake settings, pre-departure checklists, and Trailer Theft Detection.
Test Drive the GMC Sierra at National Auto Plaza
As you can see, the answer to the question “How much can the GMC Sierra tow?” is about more than just raw power— it’s about the wide array of technology features that will change your towing game. See this truck in action for yourself in Sandy when you contact ustoday to schedule a test drive. Then, fill out an online finance applicationwhen you are ready to finance at National Auto Plaza.
More from National Auto Plaza
The Jeep Wrangler is your best friend for all of your adventures around the Salt Lake City area, especially ones including off-road driving. This SUV may be rugged and capable to handle any road conditions, but its cabin will protect you from the elements while keeping you cozy. Discover more about the 2022 Jeep Wrangler interior today,…
How much can the GMC Yukon tow? The GMC Yukon towing capacity can reach up to 8,400 pounds when properly equipped! While most SUVs can only tow small equipment or items, the Yukon is game-changing with the strong power that is expected from GMC. Learn more below with the team at National Auto Plaza before browsing…
There are many accessories and parts available that Salt Lake City drivers can use to upgrade their trucks. Drivers who have purchased a pre-owned vehicle from National Auto Plaza especially love to add to their vehicles, so they can keep their ride as close to the purchase condition and use it for many years to come! That’s why…