What is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
When you are shopping for a used car in the Salt Lake City area, you should check the car’s physical and mechanical condition as well as its mileage. Many drivers have been misled to stay away from any used cars that have over 100,000 miles, but that is not a hard-and-fast rule since you have to consider other factors such as its condition, usage, location, and maintenance. Find out more about what good mileage on a used car is with National Auto Plaza below!
How To Determine A Good Mileage for Used Cars?
So what is good mileage on a used car? Because of various factors that you have to think about when you browse pre-owned cars, there is no universal answer. The best rule of thumb is to consider how much mileage you can get out of a used car. For example, if you came across a used car with 50,000 miles in working condition, then it could be a good idea. On the other hand, if you buy a cheap used car that has 100,000 miles, you might be able to use the car for another four years if you keep it in decent condition. Another thing to keep in mind is that drivers usually use about 12,000 miles per year.
Is Mileage or Age More Important?
Aside from debating if a used car has good mileage, you should also consider the age of the car. When it comes to mileage vs. age, you are probably better off buying a newer car with high mileage rather than a low-mileage older car. Consider the following factors as well:
- Low mileage vehicles often cost more than ones with higher mileage.
- If you are looking at a car that hasn’t been driven on a daily basis, there are most likely mechanical issues or problems with rubber seals and gaskets, so you will end up spending more money on repairing it to a working condition.
- Buying a vehicle with maintenance records is smart since you will know if the previous owner has been taking care of regular maintenance and services.
Other Factors to Consider When Shopping for a Used Car
On top of condition and maintenance, you should also consider the following when shopping for a used car:
- Usage: Before you buy, try to get the previous owner’s driving history. How the car was previously driven can affect how quickly a car will wear down even when it is compared to a similar vehicle with the same mileage. For example, a car driven 40,000 miles in stop-and-go traffic will wear down faster than one that has driven 40,000 miles on the open highway.
- Location: Vehicles that have been driven in a dry, warm climate, go through less stress than vehicles from places with a cold, wet climate. This is good news for Draper drivers since they can easily shop from local used car inventories like the one at National Auto Plaza! We also have the option to shop online.
Explore Used Cars Near South Salt Lake Now
Now that you have a better idea of what is good mileage on a used car, find your new-to-you car at National Auto Plaza! National Auto Plaza has been known as the go-to used truck, SUV, and car dealership in the Sandy area. With two locations, there is bound to be a used car that you love. Be sure to take a look at our used vehicles priced under $10,000 for an even better deal. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
More from National Auto Plaza
Here at National Auto Plaza, we take pride in our ability to build and modify our trucks to be the biggest and baddest monsters on the road. Whether you want to shop for trucks already built or modify a truck you already own and love, we’ve got your back! We work closely with our…
In a world that is always on the move, the Ford F-150 has become a pillar to American culture supporting industrial growth and the pursuit of adventure and opportunity! Taking the globe by storm, this F-series truck continues to elevate individuals, businesses, and families to new heights as one of the most popular and capable…
Why should You Trade-in Your Vehicle? The world of automobiles is immersive, promising sleek designs, advanced technologies, and the thrill of the open road. However, the decision to trade in your current vehicle is more than skin-deep. It’s a financially savvy move that offers numerous benefits, putting you in a better position to afford your…