What is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
When you are shopping for a used car in the Salt Lake City area, you should check the car’s physical and mechanical condition as well as its mileage. Many drivers have been misled to stay away from any used cars that have over 100,000 miles, but that is not a hard-and-fast rule since you have to consider other factors such as its condition, usage, location, and maintenance. Find out more about what good mileage on a used car is with National Auto Plaza below!
How To Determine A Good Mileage for Used Cars?
So what is good mileage on a used car? Because of various factors that you have to think about when you browse pre-owned cars, there is no universal answer. The best rule of thumb is to consider how much mileage you can get out of a used car. For example, if you came across a used car with 50,000 miles in working condition, then it could be a good idea. On the other hand, if you buy a cheap used car that has 100,000 miles, you might be able to use the car for another four years if you keep it in decent condition. Another thing to keep in mind is that drivers usually use about 12,000 miles per year.
Is Mileage or Age More Important?
Aside from debating if a used car has good mileage, you should also consider the age of the car. When it comes to mileage vs. age, you are probably better off buying a newer car with high mileage rather than a low-mileage older car. Consider the following factors as well:
- Low mileage vehicles often cost more than ones with higher mileage.
- If you are looking at a car that hasn’t been driven on a daily basis, there are most likely mechanical issues or problems with rubber seals and gaskets, so you will end up spending more money on repairing it to a working condition.
- Buying a vehicle with maintenance records is smart since you will know if the previous owner has been taking care of regular maintenance and services.
Other Factors to Consider When Shopping for a Used Car
On top of condition and maintenance, you should also consider the following when shopping for a used car:
- Usage: Before you buy, try to get the previous owner’s driving history. How the car was previously driven can affect how quickly a car will wear down even when it is compared to a similar vehicle with the same mileage. For example, a car driven 40,000 miles in stop-and-go traffic will wear down faster than one that has driven 40,000 miles on the open highway.
- Location: Vehicles that have been driven in a dry, warm climate, go through less stress than vehicles from places with a cold, wet climate. This is good news for Draper drivers since they can easily shop from local used car inventories like the one at National Auto Plaza! We also have the option to shop online.
Explore Used Cars Near Murray Now
Now that you have a better idea of what is good mileage on a used car, find your new-to-you car at National Auto Plaza! National Auto Plaza has been known as the go-to used truck, SUV, and car dealership in the Sandy area. With two locations, there is bound to be a used car that you love. Be sure to take a look at our used vehicles priced under $10,000 for an even better deal. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
More from National Auto Plaza
The Jeep Wrangler is your best friend for all of your adventures around the Salt Lake City area, especially ones including off-road driving. This SUV may be rugged and capable to handle any road conditions, but its cabin will protect you from the elements while keeping you cozy. Discover more about the 2022 Jeep Wrangler interior today,…
How much can the GMC Yukon tow? The GMC Yukon towing capacity can reach up to 8,400 pounds when properly equipped! While most SUVs can only tow small equipment or items, the Yukon is game-changing with the strong power that is expected from GMC. Learn more below with the team at National Auto Plaza before browsing…
There are many accessories and parts available that Salt Lake City drivers can use to upgrade their trucks. Drivers who have purchased a pre-owned vehicle from National Auto Plaza especially love to add to their vehicles, so they can keep their ride as close to the purchase condition and use it for many years to come! That’s why…